MILANO EYEWEAR DESIGN DAY by DaTE – Milano
MONDAY OCTOBER 17TH, 2022 – ADI Design Museum, MILANO
The MEDD by DaTE will expand upon the concepts that have made DaTE a unique occurrence in Italy, the only one that can guide the future of eyewear in the direction of collective growth, ensuring the industry’s exclusivity in the avant-garde. The MEDD will turn the spotlights on Milano, the quintessential design capital, and will be a tangible invitation to reflect on the ten key words that set DaTE apart and have been pivotal to its growth over the years: creativity, innovation, originality, research, energy, cross-fertilization, experimentation, audacity, vitality and flair.
- 11.00 Greetings and introduction: Giovanni Vitaloni, President of DaTE
- 11.10 What is design, today: Luciano Galimberti, President of ADI
- 11.30 The transformation of design and how design will be tomorrow : Paolo Pininfarina, President Pininfarina S.p.A. – tbc
- 11.50 The eyewear design: Alain Miklitarian, lunetier
- 12.10 New generations eyewear: Silvia Fresco, founder e designer In Sana
- 12.20 How to narrate the avantgarde eyewear to different targets: opticians,
ambassadors and final consumers. Domenico Concato, Puntoottico Humaneyes
- 12.40 Q&A
The meeting will be moderated by Francesco Morace. Following, two awards: the most innovative eyewear seen at DaTE 2022, selected by a jury of design and lifestyle experts, and the most visionary optical center, voted upon by the DaTE 2022 exhibitors.
The day, until 5 pm, will also feature an exhibit ‒ in partnership with the Eyewear Museum of Pieve di Cadore ‒ that, with some iconic pieces, will illustrate the history of spectacles. The exhibition will run until Saturday October 22nd 2022.
HOW TO ACCESS: fill out the registration form below, indicating if you will participate in the meeting “Design and Eyewear Design”. The event is free and open to all upon registration.